Happy Friday and Happy Week 20 of the Right Now Challenge! :)
If you’re not sure what the Right Now Challenge is, check out my blog post HERE to read about the challenge and why I started it.
This week has been a really quiet one on this sweet ol’ blog of mine. Unfortunately, early on in the week I had a pretty good scare with my pregnancy, which resulted in 4 hours at the ER at 4 in the morning. Thankfully all is ok with the baby, but my nerves are still shot and I’m on edge a bit. I know it’s all in God’s hands so I am praying for peace every day for that.
Also, my sweet Caylin has had this cold bug that has reeked havoc on her sweet little body. She is in the very tired and bad coughing stage now with fevers here and there. Today is day 7 of this cold, so I have been taking care of her non-stop. When you throw diabetes into the mix, there’s a bit more work involved than just taking care of a child with a cold. She normally gets 4 shots a day, but lately – she’s been needing extra insulin so she’s had anywhere from 5-7 shots a day to stay on top of her blood sugar numbers.
Please pray for us. :)
Anyway … onto the challenge! Despite the crazy week we’ve had, I was able to write down a few things which just goes to show you that no matter what kind of week you are having – it’s doable! Actually, some of these things make me smile and I don’t want to forget them.
Here’s what I have for this week:
- Sweet Caylin has had one of the worst colds of her little life. Praying she kicks this crud soon so I can have my bubbly, loud, funny girl back. I miss her. Sigh.
- Had a really big scare on Tuesday in regards to my pregnancy. All is ok with the baby, but I’m still on edge. Thankful for sweet nurses and doctors at the ER and a very encouraging and hopefully appointment with my OB. I know it’s all in God’s hands.
- Jack is now saying, “What’s up?” all of the time and it’s SO funny!
- The other day, Jack put his hand on my face and said, “You’re booooteeful.” Made my heart burst.
- Jack also said, “I love you, Buddy” to me the other night. ;)
- Caylin said, in regards to her really bad cold, “Now I know why you’re a germaphobe, Mama.” Ha!
- Jack’s sounding like such a big boy lately – he’s using really big words in his sentences and articulating SO well. It’s neat to see. For instance, he will usually ask me to watch, “Space Buzz” for me to put in “Toy Story 2″ since that movie starts out with Buzz in space, but instead he said, “Mama, may I please watch “Toy Story 2.” I was shocked! Ha! He’s got great manners and I just love his sweet little voice.
- Caylin got her third Barbie. She’s still figuring out what to name her, but I think she’s leaning toward Scarlette. :)
Well, there you have it! I pray your day and weekend ahead are beautiful! I hope to get back on track with this blog of mine very soon, but I pray that you understand that under some circumstances, this sweet blog that I love just is a bit further down on my priority list. Keep checking back though!
Sending you BIG hugs, friends!